Error Question

Mangler

Lets say I have a page where a user can update their profile
information. In the DB table the username field has a unique
constraint on it to keep username from repeating. If the user changed
their username to something that already existed in another record in
that table sql will throw an error. That also means that IIS will
give an error page.

I was wondering how I can keep the user on the same page but display
the SQL error message somewhere on the page.

Evertjan.

Mangler wrote on 24 okt 2008 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Lets say I have a page where a user can update their profile
information. In the DB table the username field has a unique
constraint on it to keep username from repeating. If the user changed
their username to something that already existed in another record in
that table sql will throw an error. That also means that IIS will
give an error page.

I was wondering how I can keep the user on the same page but display
the SQL error message somewhere on the page.

Read up about:

On Error Resume Next
On Error GoTo 0