'Error reading key file 'MyKey.snk'...

Guest

Hi all,

I am deploying my ASP.NET 2.0 bits. Everything works fine in dev, but when I
move it to test I get the following:

CS1548: Cryptographic failure while signing assembly
'c:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\internal-test\f51ce07b\7f3f6ce4\App_Code.9rzbep5y.dll' -- 'Error
reading key file 'MyKey.snk' -- The system cannot find the file specified. '

With my 1.1 bits, I never had the snk file on the site. However, I tried
putting the snk file in the root directory. No luck.

I am sure I am doing something silly, but I can't figure it out. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

-craig

Guest

Thanks for replying Daniel.

I don't have delay signing enabled in my site or in my class libraries. In
fact, I noticed I still have the following in all of my AssemblyInfo.cs files:

[assembly: AssemblyDelaySign(false)]

My snk file only needs to be present at compile time, correct?

Thanks again.

-craig