Error Request.BinaryRead in IIS 5.0 on Windows Nt 2000 SP3

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Roberto, Sep 30, 2003.

  1. Roberto

    Roberto Guest

    Sometimes when loading binary files with Request.BinaryRead IIS on the log
    gives me the following Error (I have analyzed IIS Log with Web Trend
    Analyzer and the error isn't frequent):

    POST .../WZUpload.asp |59|ASP_0101_:_80004005|Unexpected_error...

    I don't have information on the file inserted because it was inserted by
    other people (Web Candidates that inserts their curricula on our Web Site)

    I have tried with large files and I haven't reproduced the problem, i have
    tried with 0 bytes files and I haven't reproduced the problem, I have tried
    to insert into the upload file Low Value (Chr(0)) and I haven't reproduced
    the problem....

    The instruction is so....

    AllDataB = Request.BinaryRead(Request.TotalBytes)

    What type of files can cause the crash of BinaryRead ?

    Thanks Rob.

    Roberto, Sep 30, 2003

  2. Roberto

    MSFT Guest

    Hi Rob,

    After some research, I found this kind of problem may occur when we post a
    large file and the network is not stable. And it may occur randomly. We
    can't reprodice with some exact steps. You may refer to following KB
    article to see if they can hep:

    HOWTO: Upload Files to the Internet Information Server
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:
    80/support/kb/articles/q184/3/52.asp&NoWebContent=1

    SAMPLE: Using HttpSendRequestEx for Large POST Requests
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:
    80/support/kb/articles/q177/1/88.asp&NoWebContent=1

    Hope this help,

    Luke
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security