ERROR: Request format is unrecognized

TekCat

I have .NET 2 and DNN 4.3.5 installed. In dnn module I created web service,
and just by typing URL in browser to test it I get an error.

Any thoughts what I am doing wrong?

ERROR:
----------------------
Request format is unrecognized.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Request format is
unrecognized.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Request format is unrecognized.]
System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFactory.CoreGetHandler(Type
type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response)
+491033
System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext
context, String verb, String url, String filePath) +104
System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String
requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)
+175
System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
+120
completedSynchronously) +155

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET
Version:2.0.50727.210
---------------------------

TekCat

Thanks, that works.
I have another question, since it now I am able to "ping" the service I am
trying to call it from client's javascript end.

I successfully execute:

---
var url = getModulePath() + 'svc/RadarStatusWebservice.asmx?WSDL';
RadarStatusWebservice.useService( url, 'RadarStatusWS' );
if( !RadarStatusWebservice.RadarStatusWS )
alert( 'Unable to use RadarStatusWebservice' );
---

which makes http post to webservice without errors.
Now, within same javascript function I get code that calls webservice's
method like this:

RadarStatusWebservice.RadarStatusWS.callService( OnWebSvcCallback,
'SiteStatusChange', arg );

- 'SiteStatusChange' is a method name I wish to call (that just suppose to
returns string "Hello World")
- arg is some text
- OnWebSvcCallback a callback function that gets called with error bit set,
but the rest of the result object has 'undefined' values.

What am I doing wrong?
Anyone?