    Thank you
    regards
    Python Eager
    python_eager, Jan 5, 2006

  2. python_eager

    Robert Hicks Guest

    python_eager wrote:
    > Hi
    > i am connecting my database oracle 9i. While connecting i am
    > getting the following error
    >
    > connection = cx_Oracle.connect("myusername", "mypassword", "python")
    > RuntimeError: Unable to acquire Oracle environment handle

    Do you have the Oracle client installed? Might be something wrong with
    your ORA_HOME.

    Robert
    Robert Hicks, Jan 6, 2006

  3. python_eager

    Guest

    Check:
    1. Whta is the Python version your running, with
    py> import sys
    py> print sys.version
    2.4.2 (#2, Sep 30 2005, 21:19:01)
    [GCC 4.0.2 20050808 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.0.1-4ubuntu8)]
    2. Download the correct version of cx_Oracle
    see http://www.cxtools.net/default.aspx?nav=cxorlb
    then execute the command again - supposed your user is "myusername",
    your assword is "mypassword", and your dsn is "python".

    The dns should match an entry in the 'tnsnames.ora' - the location of
    this file depends on running Oracle on a Windows or Unix server.

    If you need more help please post more info like:
    * Oracle version (including subnumbers)
    * Python version
    * cx_Oracle version
    * OS version