error running bat file from ASP page

Rocket Hawk

Hello All,

I am using windows 2000 server IIS 5.0

i was trying to run bat file from asp page and getting: Access Denied

but when i run the bat file from the command prompt on the local server,
it's running good
the bat file copying files from target computer in the LAN to the local
computer, o.k

i give write and execute permission on the IIS for this site
on the local folder(where the bat file) i assign full NTFS access for
"test" user
on the target computer i shared the folder with Everyone Full control and
assign Full NTFS access for the "test" user
but still cannot run the .bat file

where it can be the problem,
how i need to set the site on the IIS to run the bat file?

any how to run bat file from ASP page document?

Thanks for your help

Roni.

Ray at

My guess:

When you log on to the machine, you are logging in as domainname\username.
domainname\username is recognized by the remote machine, which is also in
the domain, and you have permissions to access the share.
YourServer\IUSR_YourServer is an unknown user to the remote machine, so it
will not have permission to access it. Possible solutions:

1. Create a new account on the remote machine that duplicates the local
IUSR account on your IIS server. (See Synchronizing the IUSR_machine
accounts at http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2168)

2. Use a domain account for your site's anonymous access user.

3. Use basic authentication instead of anonymous access and make your users
log in to your ASP app. (Probably not desired.)

Ray at work

GNS Admin

Hello,

On ServerA, I created new user account, and assign it on the IIS site for
anonymous access user
On ServerB, I created new user account EXACTLY as ServerA (user+password)
in the share permission and security tab i added the new local user with
full control

but still cannot run the bat file, getting error: Access is denied

where i am doing wronge?, any idea

Thanks