error running my first web appication

Pa Ji

I just created a simple web application and tried to run it. Getting
following...any idea what I'm missing

Thanks in advance
----

Server Error in '/test2' Application.
----

Parser Error

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'test2.Global'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.vb" Inherits="test2.Global"
%>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\test2\global.asax Line: 1

joe

Sounds like you may not have build your solution. Are you using a server on
your local machine or are you using another server over the web?

Sreejumon[MVP]

Hi,

It seems to be a common error.Usually "Could not load
type" exceptions result from the DDL not being found,
incorrect file permissions on the DLL, or version mismatch
between the assembly that needs to be loaded and the one
that was discovered. First ensure your dll is there
inside the bin fodler. Else please buld your application
and create teh dll. Then check the permsion of the dll.
ASPNet user need the access persion to the dll. Usually
that will be one webfoleder. Then check the dll version.

Please refer the folowing link for more help.

url=/library/en-
us/cpguide/html/cpconhowruntimelocatesassemblies.asp

Let me know if you need further queries.
Regards
Sreejumon[MVP]

Pa Ji

---Thanks for U're help it worked, being Classic ASP developer I never
thought about it.

Pa Ji