Error running site remotely

John

Hi

My site runs fine locally but when uploaded to a remote server gives the
below error. What is the problem and how can I fix it?

Thanks

Regards

allowDefinition='MachineOnly' beyond machine.config.

Line 13: <compilation defaultLanguage="vb" debug="true" />

Source File: D:\Webs\highso\Staff_Application\web.config Line: 13

Shiva

I believe that the remote server's machine.config has
allowDefinition=MachineOnly for <compilation> section in its section
configuration. Try changing it to Everywhere instead of MachineOnly.

Hi

My site runs fine locally but when uploaded to a remote server gives the
below error. What is the problem and how can I fix it?

Thanks

Regards

allowDefinition='MachineOnly' beyond machine.config.

Line 13: <compilation defaultLanguage="vb" debug="true" />

Source File: D:\Webs\highso\Staff_Application\web.config Line: 13

John

I can't see a machine.config on the remote server using the ftp client. I
haven't loaded one myself either. The error line is in web.config. Any
second thoughts?

Thanks

Regards

Shiva

machine.config will be located underneath
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\CONFIG (or C:\WINNT\...); not
sure whether you will have access to this or not. May be, you can ask the
server admins to check it?