error sending string with "http://" with soap lite

simon0509

Does anyone know how to send a web service request that contains the
string "http://" in Soap Lite?

I have a web service in java with the method signature
doOperation(String str). When I try to send a request with the text
"http://testing.com", soap lite converts the request type from
"xsd:string" to xsi:type="xsd:anyURI".

When I run the web service, I get the error message
"org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad types (class java.net.URI -> class
java.lang.String)", from Java web service server because it thinks it
is going to receive a url instead of string. It is expecting a string.

Regards
Simon