Error setting up new server to run asp.net

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbA==?=, Feb 22, 2007.

  1. Hi,

    I have a working site on my desktop. I tried to move it to production and
    I am getting an error on my new server. It has something to do with setting
    a profile. Here is the error.

    Server Error in '/' Application.

    An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When
    connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that
    under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.
    (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance
    Specified)

    Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred
    while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server
    2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings
    SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network
    Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

    Source Error:

    Line 22: }
    Line 23: set {
    Line 24: this.SetPropertyValue("ServiceID", value);
    Line 25: }
    Line 26: }

    Source File: c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
    Files\root\d461163d\3668414d\App_Code.l-bn1lfj.3.cs Line: 24

    What must I do to fix this?

    Thanks.
    =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbA==?=, Feb 22, 2007

  2. Your server is trying to locate the database server, but fails in the attempt.

    Where is the profile database stored ?

    You need to provide correct connection information to
    *that* database server, from your production server.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, Feb 22, 2007