Error Setting user control property at web form

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Amir Eshterayeh, Nov 27, 2003.

  1. Dear Friends
    Hope things goes well to you. I have this problem. Would you please give me
    your solution?

    I want to change a property that I define on my user control in my web form
    that contains that user control.
    but when I want to set the property of user control at my web form, got this
    error
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\test4\WebForm1.aspx.vb(19): Name 'Uc1' is not declared.
    How can I solve this problem. Please help.
    Thank you very much in advance and please me your answer to my email:
    if possible.

    Best Regards
    Amir Eshterayeh

    this is the code behind (vb code) of my web form

    -----------------------------
    System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
    Uc1.Username = "Message text changed!"
    End Sub
    -----------------------------

    This is the user control code
    -----------------------------

    Public MustInherit Class uc
    Inherits System.Web.UI.UserControl
    Protected WithEvents Label1 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label
    Public Username As String

    System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

    Label1.Text = Username
    End Sub

    End Class
    -----------------------------
    this is the user control HTML
    -----------------------------

    <%@ Control Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="uc.ascx.vb"
    Inherits="test4.uc"
    TargetSchema="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5" %>

    <asp:Label id="Label1" runat="server">Label</asp:Label>
    -----------------------------
    this is the HTML Code my Web form that contains my user control
    -----------------------------
    <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="WebForm1.aspx.vb"
    Inherits="test4.WebForm1"%>
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="uc" Src="uc.ascx" %>
    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <title>WebForm1</title>
    </HEAD>

    <uc1:uc id="Uc1" runat="server"></uc1:uc>

    </form>
    </HTML>
    -----------------------------
    Amir Eshterayeh, Nov 27, 2003

  2. Amir Eshterayeh

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Hi,

    You need to have a member declaration for the user control at the Page as
    you have already for the Label in the user control.That means a member whose
    name matches the ID of the user control and type matches the code-behinc
    class type of the UC.

    Protected WithEvents Uc1 As uc

    (Please do not cross-post)

    --