error:Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is not running in UserInteractive mode

Henry Lee

hi , all
This is driving me crazy , I use msgbox method in .net 2.0 environment and
it is running fine on my IIS (Windows 2000) until today. The error is like
"Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is not running in
UserInteractive mode is not a valid operation".
I just do not know what I did wrong to cause the problem , maybe
installing some 3rd party aspx control ? I search for the answers on
Microsoft.com but no one has clue about how it happen and how to fix. On
local machine using Virual Web Developer 2005 , the msgbox method is running
fine , but it get error after moving into IIS server.
Someone pleaes help
Thanks,
Henry

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=

You can't use MessageBox in ASP.NET. You don't have any graphical user
interface, so there is nowhere that you can display the messagebox.

If you were allowed to use a messagebox in ASP.NET, it would pop up on
the web server where noone would see it, and IIS would hang indefinitely
waiting for someone to click it.