Error Soap exception : Server was unable to process request.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Henrik Laursen, May 22, 2006.

  1. Hi
    We are haveing a problem with a webservice. Sometimes it generate a SOAP
    exception.
    We found a lot of information about giving users access to the temp folder,
    (using google) - but that did not solve the problem.

    I hope that one of you guys could help me/us.
    In the bottom of this post, i have attached the exception information.

    Greetings
    Henrik

    Exception information:

    Exception type: SoapException

    Exception message: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was
    unable to process request. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not
    find file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ono4qyop.dll'.

    File name: 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ono4qyop.dll'

    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,
    Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize,
    FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean
    bFromProxy)

    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,
    FileShare share)

    at Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.FromFileBatch(CompilerParameters
    options, String[] fileNames)

    at Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.FromSourceBatch(CompilerParameters
    options, String[] sources)

    at
    Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.System.CodeDom.Compiler.ICodeCompiler.CompileAssemblyFromSourceBatch(CompilerParameters
    options, String[] sources)

    at
    System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeDomProvider.CompileAssemblyFromSource(CompilerParameters
    options, String[] sources)

    at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile(Assembly parent, String ns,
    CompilerParameters parameters, Evidence evidence)

    at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.GenerateAssembly(XmlMapping[]
    xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, Evidence evidence,
    CompilerParameters parameters, Assembly assembly, Hashtable assemblies)

    at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings,
    Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, String location, Evidence evidence)

    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.FromMappings(XmlMapping[]
    mappings, Evidence evidence)

    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerType..ctor(Type type,
    WebServiceProtocols protocolsSupported)

    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.Initialize()

    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactory.Create(Type type,
    HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, Boolean&
    abortProcessing)

    Henrik Laursen
    IT-Developer

    Henrik Laursen, May 22, 2006

  2. Henrik Laursen

    Guest

    Have you tried running ntfilemon on the application to see whether the
    exception is because of a security permission (and if so it will log it as
    Access denied and if you scroll allthe way to the right it will tell you what
    user it was trying to atuhenticate as. Or if the file was not actuallyfound
    then it will specify.

    http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Filemon.html

    "Henrik Laursen" wrote:

    > Hi
    > We are haveing a problem with a webservice. Sometimes it generate a SOAP
    > exception.
    > We found a lot of information about giving users access to the temp folder,
    > (using google) - but that did not solve the problem.
    >
    > I hope that one of you guys could help me/us.
    > In the bottom of this post, i have attached the exception information.
    >
    > Greetings
    > Henrik
    >

    > Exception information:
    >
    > Exception type: SoapException
    >
    > Exception message: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was
    > unable to process request. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not
    > find file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ono4qyop.dll'.
    >
    > File name: 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ono4qyop.dll'
    >
    > at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    >
    > at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,
    > Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize,
    > FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean
    > bFromProxy)
    >
    > at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,
    > FileShare share)
    >
    > at Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.FromFileBatch(CompilerParameters
    > options, String[] fileNames)
    >
    > at Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.FromSourceBatch(CompilerParameters
    > options, String[] sources)
    >
    > at
    > Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.System.CodeDom.Compiler.ICodeCompiler.CompileAssemblyFromSourceBatch(CompilerParameters
    > options, String[] sources)
    >
    > at
    > System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeDomProvider.CompileAssemblyFromSource(CompilerParameters
    > options, String[] sources)
    >
    > at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile(Assembly parent, String ns,
    > CompilerParameters parameters, Evidence evidence)
    >
    > at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.GenerateAssembly(XmlMapping[]
    > xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, Evidence evidence,
    > CompilerParameters parameters, Assembly assembly, Hashtable assemblies)
    >
    > at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings,
    > Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, String location, Evidence evidence)
    >
    > at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.FromMappings(XmlMapping[]
    > mappings, Evidence evidence)
    >
    > at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerType..ctor(Type type,
    > WebServiceProtocols protocolsSupported)
    >
    > at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.Initialize()
    >
    > at System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactory.Create(Type type,
    > HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, Boolean&
    > abortProcessing)
    >
    > --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    >
    > --
    > Henrik Laursen
    > IT-Developer

    , May 22, 2006

  3. We have already tried that - and it just gives us a "file not found"

    --
    Henrik Laursen
    IT-Developer

    Henrik Laursen, May 29, 2006