Error suddenly fixed: BC31011: Unable to load referenced library

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Sameer Sheikh, Jul 1, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I used to have this error come up everytime I tried to
    build(Ctrl+Shift+B) my ASP.NET app:

    (ERROR#1)
    Compiler Error Message: BC31011: Unable to load referenced library
    'c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\...': Access is denied.

    The workaround solution was to add a space or change the code a bit
    and build(Ctrl+Shift+B) it again and it used to work. But a strange
    thing happened. Over to the production server we had this error
    showing up:

    (ERROR#2)
    Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a
    connection from the pool.

    And I was trying to fix the code adding .close or .dispose to all my
    SqlClient Objects (sqlDataAdaptor, sqlDataReader, sqlCommand,
    sqlConnection etc) and then I noticed that my first error(ERROR#1)
    disappeared. It just stopped showing up. Im not sure how it helped
    but the error is gone. Earlier, I had tried removing
    'c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\' folder in the index server to be
    indexed but that didnt help.

    Anyway, your comments are welcomed. Im specially looking forward to
    someone explaining how that helped get rid off the error. Any idea?

    Thanx.

    Sameer Sheikh, Jul 1, 2004

  2. Sameer Sheikh

    Natty Gur Guest

    Hi,

    my assumption is that due to the fact that you didnt free connection
    eventually, in debug mode, your code hold referense that didnt free to
    System.data dll. therefore you get unable to load ... . every time that
    you change your code ASP.NET file change monitors simply killed the
    exidting "code" that runs thus compilition works. again just assumption

    Natty Gur[MVP]

    blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
    Mobile: +972-(0)52-8888377

    Natty Gur, Jul 2, 2004