Error system.io.exception

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Sammy, Dec 30, 2003.

  1. Sammy

    Sammy Guest

    Can anyone please explain me the cause and resolution of
    this error.
    TIA
    Sammy

    Server Error in '/' Application.

    The device is not ready.
    execution of the current web request. Please review the
    stack trace for more information about the error and where
    it originated in the code.

    Exception Details: System.IO.IOException: The device is
    not ready.

    Source Error:

    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution
    of the current web request. Information regarding the
    origin and location of the exception can be identified
    using the exception stack trace below.

    Stack Trace:

    [IOException: The device is not ready.
    ]
    System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String
    str) +723
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode,
    FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize,
    Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) +888
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode,
    FileAccess access, FileShare share) +45
    System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri,
    ICredentials credentials) +73
    System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri,
    String role, Type ofObjectToReturn) +55
    System.Xml.XmlTextReader.CreateScanner() +384
    System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Init() +23
    System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() +530
    System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.ReadWithCollectTextToken
    () +146
    System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.Read() +26
    System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader
    reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace) +80
    System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) +72
    System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename) +78
    Base.DomainLogic.BaseClass._GetCon() +83
    Base.DomainLogic.Util..ctor() +35
    BaseDOTNET.Search.populateDDWFromUtilOperators
    (DropDownList& d1, String type) +43
    BaseDOTNET.Search.SetPageVariables() +43
    BaseDOTNET.Search.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    +7

    Sammy, Dec 30, 2003

  2. If you open a file for writing or appending, and don't close it, it will
    remain locked. I suspect that this is the cause of your problem.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Dec 30, 2003