Error: The Template Persistent Cache initialization failed

Troy

I keep getting this error in IIS 6.0. It causes our web application to
display the "Service Unavailable" message when users attempt to visit
any asp.net page. all asp pages are fine... does anyone have any
suggestions? Thanks...

Error: The Template Persistent Cache initialization failed for
Application Pool 'DefaultAppPool' because of the following error: Could
not create a Disk Cache Sub-directory for the Application Pool. The data
may have additional error codes.

Malek

What identity is your AppPool using, and does it have access to modify
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files" ?

Troy

Malek,

It runs under the network identity and has access to read & write for
that dir and all parent dirs... but not delete. hmmm... wonder if this
is causing the problem. I've reset the permissions and will see if
anything has changed.