Error trying to open connection to Excel file (.NET 1.1)

Guest

Hello

I'm a newbie trying to open a connection to an Excel file in a deployed ASP .NET app and get the error

[OleDbException (0x8000ffff): No error information available: E_UNEXPECTED(0x8000FFFF).
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.ProcessResults(Int32 hr) +2
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.InitializeProvider() +5
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open() +20

The ASPNET user has permission to Read, List Folder Contents and Read & Execute on this directory.

The code I'm using to open the file (which works just fine on my machine, of course) is

fiFileInfo = New System.IO.FileInfo("F:\Shared\pasapps\Insurance Apps\Data\file.xls"

If fiFileInfo.Exists The

Dim MyConnection As New OleDbConnection("provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; data source=" & fiFileInfo.FullName & ";Extended Properties=Excel 8.0;"
Dim mySelectQuery As String = "SELECT * from [Sheet1$]
Dim MyCommand As New OleDbCommand(mySelectQuery, MyConnection

MyConnection.Open(

The server (Win2K, Build 2195, SP 4) has .NET Framework 1.1 installed (same exact version as the development machine)

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks in advance
Patricia

Guest

The app is on the E:\ drive (while the file is on F:\) -- don't know if that's significant...