    end user machine: Error Type: Server object, ASP 0177 (0x800AEA5F)
    800aea5f In the development machine the component working fine. Any
    idea what is the problem.
    jeevan, Dec 20, 2007

  2. "jeevan" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have used COM component for ASP WebPages to show pages. The old
    > component worked fine. When I added new procedure to the COM
    > component, compiled and registered it, I get the following error in
    > end user machine: Error Type: Server object, ASP 0177 (0x800AEA5F)
    > 800aea5f In the development machine the component working fine. Any
    > idea what is the problem.

    Is this on object creation or on executing a methoed or property?

    First thing to check when you get a component error is permissions (even if
    the error doesn't seem related to permissions).

    Check that the IUSR account has the appropriate access to the component and
    any of its dependancies. Also check access to resources that the component
    may try to access on initialization or when the failing member is called.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET
    Anthony Jones, Dec 22, 2007