Error Type: Server object, ASP 0177 (0x800AEA5F) 800aea5f

jeevan

I have used COM component for ASP WebPages to show pages. The old
component worked fine. When I added new procedure to the COM
component, compiled and registered it, I get the following error in
end user machine: Error Type: Server object, ASP 0177 (0x800AEA5F)
800aea5f In the development machine the component working fine. Any
idea what is the problem.

Anthony Jones

jeevan said:
I have used COM component for ASP WebPages to show pages. The old
component worked fine. When I added new procedure to the COM
component, compiled and registered it, I get the following error in
end user machine: Error Type: Server object, ASP 0177 (0x800AEA5F)
800aea5f In the development machine the component working fine. Any
idea what is the problem.

Is this on object creation or on executing a methoed or property?

First thing to check when you get a component error is permissions (even if
the error doesn't seem related to permissions).

Check that the IUSR account has the appropriate access to the component and
any of its dependancies. Also check access to resources that the component
may try to access on initialization or when the failing member is called.