error:unable to open asp.net applications from new project window of visual studio.net

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by amit_swan, Apr 1, 2005.

  1. amit_swan

    amit_swan Guest

    hi everyone,
    i'm facing this problem with opening asp.net applications
    from visual.net i'm running it with windows xp with service pack
    2,visual studio.net 2003 with iis server installed before installing
    visual studio.net which means i should not have registration problems
    with iis.

    The thing is i can't open new asp.net applications from new
    project page.it gives me the error:

    The web server reported the following error when attempting to
    create or open the web project located at the following
    url:"http://webapplication1".a coonection with the server could not be
    established.

    The name of my machine is localhost.
    few things which i have tried are:

    1> running this command from visual studio.net command prompt
    c:\windows>aspnet_regiis/i

    2> manually running the iis server from control panel>administartive
    tools>iis (default web site is running).

    3> Re-installing the iis server.

    If u could please suggest me what more fixes i can try to make it
    working,that'll be very helpful to me.

    Thank you.
    amit_swan, Apr 1, 2005

  2. Patrick Olurotimi Ige, Apr 1, 2005