Error - unknown server tag 'asp.Scriptmanager'

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Valli, Oct 10, 2007.

  1. Valli

    Valli Guest

    Hi,

    I have an issue with the content page('default.aspx') while executing
    the asp.net project.
    I am getting the error
    1. unknown server tag 'asp.Scriptmanager'
    2. unknown server tag 'asp.collapsiblepanelextender'
    3. unknown server tag 'asp.UpdatePanel

    Why I am getting this error.? What should be done to fix it.

    I have copied this content page('default.aspx') from one of my project &
    placed it in the required project.
    I have created a new webform('new.aspx') in the project & use the script
    manager & update panel in the form.
    I didnt get any error while including that controls in my form. But while
    executing I am getting the error.
    I am also getting error for the content page('default.aspx') only.

    Can anyone help me immediately?

    --
    Regards
    Valli

    Valli, Oct 10, 2007

  2. Did you add all the ASP.Net Ajax configuration elements into the project?
    All of these items you are seeing come from either ASP.Net Ajax or the
    ASP.Net Ajax toolkit. Make sure that the project you are copying code into
    has both the appropriate dll references and the appropriate config file
    settings.

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick