Error upon Error...

rab

anyone seen this error before:
Can't load '/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/PA-RISC2.0/auto/DB_File/DB_File.sl' for module DB_File: No such file or directory at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/PA-RISC2.0/XSLoader.pm line 83.
at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/PA-RISC2.0/DB_File.pm line 236

I'm just trying to run this script:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;
use DB_File;

print "Hello World!\n"

all three of the files exist on the system....why is it saying this.
(there are a few scripts that I have that want to use DB_File and they
all say this.... that's why I just use this simple script above for
error diagnosis)

rab

rab

rab" == rab said:
rab> anyone seen this error before:
This does look puzzling. If the files truly exist, could there be a
permission issue with DB_File.sl? It could be the result of a bad
install, so you might try re-installing the DB_File modules.

Good luck to you,

--Ethan Brown
--Keyboards: "The Fabulous Pelicans" (www.pelicans.com)
--In a band? Use http://www.WheresTheGig.com for free.

Ethan....Thanks for the response. Checked the permissions...but they
were all fine.

I'm afraid that reinstalling is even more difficult. I wouldn't even
know where to begin trying to get rid of all the complaints from gcc.

I got this copy of Perl from a port to HPUX site.

thanks though.

nobull

[ apparent file not found loading a DLL ]
Ethan....Thanks for the response. Checked the permissions...but they
were all fine.

I'm afraid that reinstalling is even more difficult. I wouldn't even
know where to begin trying to get rid of all the complaints from gcc.

Both thes possibly point to the same underlying problem - you have a
problem with your compiler and/or it's associated libraires. In many
architectures I believe the dl_ functions in the C RTL need to load
some soet of helper library before the library you've asked to load.
I suspect it is this library that's missing, incorrectly protected, or
in the wrong place.

Try doing a system-call trace to see what underlying system call it is
that is returning the error. On some Unicies a system call trace is
called "strace".
I got this copy of Perl from a port to HPUX site.
^^^^

How is that pronounced? :)

Cat

rab said:
anyone seen this error before:

I'm just trying to run this script:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;
use DB_File;

print "Hello World!\n"

all three of the files exist on the system....why is it saying this.
(there are a few scripts that I have that want to use DB_File and they
all say this.... that's why I just use this simple script above for
error diagnosis)

rab

DB_File module has not been installed correctly or there may be dependancies.
Ask your system administrator to re-install it.