Error using the infoUSA mailing list webservice

• Thread starter Ashish Gupta via .NET 247
  • Start date
A

Ashish Gupta via .NET 247

Hi Guys

I am using mailing list web service of infoUSA.com.
Sometimes it gives the following error :

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable toprocess request. ---> System.IO.IOException: The process cannotaccess the file "\\arwen\share\listbazaar_logs\sms_live.log"because it is being used by another process. atSystem.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) atSystem.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode,FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, BooleanuseAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) atSystem.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode) atIUSA.Web.Database.SMS.Send(String request) atIUSA.Web.Database.SMS.Term() atIUSA.Web.Database.SMS.Disconnect() atinfoUSAlistconnect.Service.ListConnectSession.SetLayout(StringLayoutType, String OutputType) atinfoUSAlistconnect.Service.listconnect.SetLayout(StringSessionID, String LayoutType, String OutputType) --- End ofinner exception stack trace

I emphasize on the point "Sometimes".
What needs to be checked at my end (as i dont have the access tothe source code of the web service) ?

Thanx in advance
Regards
Ashish

M

Michelle Hlaing

--------------------

Hi Guys

I am using mailing list web service of infoUSA.com.
Sometimes it gives the following error :

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file
"\\arwen\share\listbazaar_logs\sms_live.log" because it is being used by another process. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) at
System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean
bFromProxy) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode) at IUSA.Web.Database.SMS.Send(String request) at IUSA.Web.Database.SMS.Term
() at IUSA.Web.Database.SMS.Disconnect() at infoUSAlistconnect.Service.ListConnectSession.SetLayout(String LayoutType, String OutputType) at
infoUSAlistconnect.Service.listconnect.SetLayout(String SessionID, String LayoutType, String OutputType) --- End of inner exception stack trace
I emphasize on the point "Sometimes".
What needs to be checked at my end (as i dont have the access to the source code of the web service) ?

Thanx in advance
Regards
Ashish
Ashish,

1) try running Filemon and look at what is the other process using sms_live.log
2) if you are reading and writing from/to a file at the same time, make sure you have specified FileShare.ReadWrite, which allows a file to be read and written to
at the same time.

Hope that helps,

Michelle

***Disclaimer: This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers no rights.***

Ask a Question