    existing posts.

    TIA

    Greg
    Nightdrive, Jun 8, 2004

  2. "Nightdrive" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have VS.NET 2003
    > It was working fine, but I had to uninstall/reinstall IIS due to some
    > wierdness (which it turns out was due to a zone alarm update, but I

    digress)
    > I've reinstalled the .NET 1.1 SDK, and still get the above error message
    > when I first try to View in Browser.
    > This project only uses html, so it's not an issue yet, but I plan on using
    > aspx soon.
    >
    > Apologies if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything in
    > existing posts.

    Do you have "work offline" set in IE?
    --
    John Saunders
    johnwsaundersiii at hotmail
    John Saunders, Jun 9, 2004

  3. Nightdrive

    Nightdrive Guest

    "John Saunders" <> wrote in message
    > "Nightdrive" <> wrote in message
    > > I have VS.NET 2003
    > > It was working fine, but I had to uninstall/reinstall IIS due to some
    > > wierdness (which it turns out was due to a zone alarm update, but I

    > digress)
    > > I've reinstalled the .NET 1.1 SDK, and still get the above error message
    > > when I first try to View in Browser.
    > > This project only uses html, so it's not an issue yet, but I plan on

    using
    > > aspx soon.
    > >
    > > Apologies if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything in
    > > existing posts.

    > Do you have "work offline" set in IE?
    > --
    > John Saunders
    > johnwsaundersiii at hotmail

    No, and i've not needed to do that in teh past (before I reinstalled IIS)

    The full error message is:
    "Visual Studio .NET can not run/preview the offline web project because your
    machine's default ASP.NET version is not supported. you must ensure that
    your machine is upgraded to ASP.NET v1.1."

    VS thinks I'm not running the .NET Framework v1.1

    Greg
    Nightdrive, Jun 9, 2004
  4. "Nightdrive" <> wrote in message

    > "John Saunders" <> wrote in message
    > > "Nightdrive" <> wrote in message
    > > > I have VS.NET 2003
    > > > It was working fine, but I had to uninstall/reinstall IIS due to some
    > > > wierdness (which it turns out was due to a zone alarm update, but I

    > > digress)
    > > > I've reinstalled the .NET 1.1 SDK, and still get the above error

    message
    > > > when I first try to View in Browser.
    > > > This project only uses html, so it's not an issue yet, but I plan on

    > using
    > > > aspx soon.
    > > >
    > > > Apologies if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything

    in
    > > > existing posts.

    > > Do you have "work offline" set in IE?
    > > --
    > > John Saunders
    > > johnwsaundersiii at hotmail
    > >

    > No, and i've not needed to do that in teh past (before I reinstalled IIS)
    >
    > The full error message is:
    > "Visual Studio .NET can not run/preview the offline web project because

    your
    > machine's default ASP.NET version is not supported. you must ensure that
    > your machine is upgraded to ASP.NET v1.1."
    >
    > VS thinks I'm not running the .NET Framework v1.1

    First thing to try is to run

    %windir%\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis -i

    Then try again.
    John Saunders, Jun 9, 2004
  5. Nightdrive

    > "Nightdrive" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "John Saunders" <> wrote in message
    > > > "Nightdrive" <> wrote in message

    some
    > > > digress)

    > message

    > > using

    anything
    > in
    > > >
    > > > Do you have "work offline" set in IE?
    > > > --
    > > > John Saunders
    > > > johnwsaundersiii at hotmail
    > > >

    > > No, and i've not needed to do that in teh past (before I reinstalled

    IIS)

    > > The full error message is:
    > > "Visual Studio .NET can not run/preview the offline web project because

    > your
    > > machine's default ASP.NET version is not supported. you must ensure that
    > > your machine is upgraded to ASP.NET v1.1."
    > >
    > > VS thinks I'm not running the .NET Framework v1.1

    > First thing to try is to run
    >
    > %windir%\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis -i
    >
    > Then try again.
    > --
    > John Saunders
    > johnwsaundersiii at hotmail

    Worked a treat.
    I was surprised a .NET SDK install didn't do this for me. Oh well!
    Many thanks. I had no idea where to go with this one.

    Greg
    Nightdrive, Jun 10, 2004