Error when opening a New Web project

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Alex, Jun 30, 2003.

  1. Alex

    Alex Guest

    Hi,
    When I trying to open a NEW Visual Basic ASP.NET project
    (I got Windows 2003 server), then I got an error:
    The default web access for this project is set to file
    share, but the project folder
    at: "http://localhost/webapplnew" cannot be opened with
    the path: "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webapplnew".The error
    returned was:
    Unable to create web project webapplnew.The file path
    "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webapplnew «does not correspond to the
    the same server location.HTTP error 404 "Not found".
    What would you like to do:
    1. Retry using a different file share
    path:c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webapplnew
    2. Try to open the project with Front End server
    extensions.

    If I continue to try a different file share path --- it's
    not resolving the problem and the only choice --- open
    with FPExtentions. If I chousing open with FPExtentions ---
    then it is starting to create a project and it is working
    just fine.
    I just curios, why I got this error at the beginning?
    Thenk you in advance.
    Alex.

    Alex, Jun 30, 2003