Error when redirecting to an asp page from an aspx page

Loui Mercieca

Hi,

I have the following problem. Whenever i redirect to an asp page from any oage in my .net project. i get the following error:
System.Web.HttpException: Error executing child request for Thanks-DE.aspx.

If i redirect to an aspx page instead of an asp page it works fine. I tried both response.redirect and server.transfer methods but none worked.

If you need more information please let me know.

Thanks,

S. Justin Gengo

Loui,

Do the redirect on the client instead by using a javascript.

Something like this:

Page.RegisterStartupScript("MyRedirectScript", "<script language=""javascript"">window.location = http://www.MyWebSite.com/MyRedirectPage.asp"";</script>)

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche
Hi,

I have the following problem. Whenever i redirect to an asp page from any oage in my .net project. i get the following error:
System.Web.HttpException: Error executing child request for Thanks-DE.aspx.

If i redirect to an aspx page instead of an asp page it works fine. I tried both response.redirect and server.transfer methods but none worked.

If you need more information please let me know.

Thanks,

Loui Mercieca

sorry but i am at my beggining. Then how do i use it?
[...]

Put the code I gave you in place of the Response.Redirect.

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer