Error when running site remotely

John

Hi

I have a perfectly fine running webform on the local server. When I upload
the webform to a remote shared server I get the below error. Any idea what
is causing this?

Thanks

Regards

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'Staff_Application.WebForm1'.

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false"
Codebehind="Application.aspx.vb" Inherits="Staff_Application.WebForm1"%>
Line 2: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
Line 3: <HTML>

Source File: D:\Webs\...\Staff_Application\Application.aspx Line: 1

Guest

Hi John,

Just checking that you copied Staff_Application.dll into the /bin folder.

Grant Harmeyer

Are you placing the associated .dll file in the bin directory of the
application that WebForm1.aspx resides in?

Upload both:
-----------------------------
[AppRoot]
bin\Staff_Application.dll
WebForm1.aspx

John

Using code behind and uploaded the bin folder. When I got this error on the
local server, I had to go to 'my default web' under 'Internet Information
Services', right click on the relevant asp.net app folder, select properties
and create application. Because remote server is with a hosting company I
don't have control over it to check this.

Regards

Grant Harmeyer said:
Are you placing the associated .dll file in the bin directory of the
application that WebForm1.aspx resides in?

Upload both:
-----------------------------
[AppRoot]
bin\Staff_Application.dll
WebForm1.aspx
-----------------------------

Or, if you are not using CodeBehind, use JIT compilation by changing the
CodeBehind attribute of your Page directive to a Src attribute:
-----------------------------
<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Src="Application.aspx.vb"
Inherits="Staff_Application.WebForm1"%>
-----------------------------

Then, upload both files to the Application root
-----------------------------
[AppRoot]
WebForm1.aspx
WebForm1.aspx.vb
-----------------------------

Grant

John said:
Hi

I have a perfectly fine running webform on the local server. When I upload
the webform to a remote shared server I get the below error. Any idea what
is causing this?

Thanks

Regards

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'Staff_Application.WebForm1'.

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false"
Codebehind="Application.aspx.vb" Inherits="Staff_Application.WebForm1"%>
Line 2: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
Line 3: <HTML>

Source File: D:\Webs\...\Staff_Application\Application.aspx Line: 1

Grant Harmeyer

John:

Upload the .dll file to the bin at the root of your website and place the
..aspx file wherever you need it to be. Some hosts only allow a single
application in IIS, check the following documentation for ways to code for
this:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../cpconconfiguringnetframeworkapplications.asp

The page may load properly after that, but if it does not, try to modify the
Web.Config file at the root of your site to add the assembly to that
location

<location path="VirtualDirectoryName">
<system.web>
<authorization>
<allow users="?"/>
</authorization>
<compilation defaultLanguage="VB">
<assemblies>
<add assembly="Staff_Application" />
</assemblies>
</configuration>
</system.web>
</location>

<location /> Documentation:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../en-us/cpgenref/html/gngrflocationelement.asp

HTH,

Grant

John said:
Hi

I have a perfectly fine running webform on the local server. When I upload
the webform to a remote shared server I get the below error. Any idea what
is causing this?

Thanks

Regards

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'Staff_Application.WebForm1'.

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false"
Codebehind="Application.aspx.vb"
Inherits="Staff_Application.WebForm1"%>
Line 2: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
Line 3: <HTML>

Source File: D:\Webs\...\Staff_Application\Application.aspx Line: 1

John

That did it. Thanks Grant.

Regards