    The stylesheet does not contain a document element. The stylesheet may
    be empty, or it may not be a well-formed XML document

    anyone know how to fix this?

    ?yvind Bollingmo, Jan 28, 2004

  2. I use

    ,----- [ ]
    | <!DOCTYPE stylesheet [<!ENTITY nbsp "&amp;nbsp;">]>
    `-----

    and that works OK.
    --
    Stuart
    Don't take life too seriously, you won't get out alive.

    DFN-CIS NetNews Service, Jan 28, 2004

  3. In article <>,

    ><!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [<!ENTITY nbsp " ">]>

    Is the document element called xsl:stylesheet? Or did you use some
    other prefix?

    >msxml3.dll (0x80004005)

    Does it work with other stylesheet processors?

    -- Richard

    FreeBSD rules!

    Richard Tobin, Jan 28, 2004
  4. (?yvind Bollingmo) writes:

    > If I insert
    >
    > <!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [<!ENTITY nbsp " ">]>
    >
    > in my XSLT file I get an error message:
    >
    > msxml3.dll (0x80004005)
    > The stylesheet does not contain a document element. The stylesheet may
    > be empty, or it may not be a well-formed XML document
    >
    > anyone know how to fix this?

    Can you show us a little bit more of the stylesheet?
    I doubt that the problem is actually located in the
    line you show: in isolation, that line has no problems.

    -C. M. Sperberg-McQueen

    C. M. Sperberg-McQueen, Jan 29, 2004