Error when using entity in XSLT

?

?yvind Bollingmo

If I insert

<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [<!ENTITY nbsp " ">]>

in my XSLT file I get an error message:

msxml3.dll (0x80004005)
The stylesheet does not contain a document element. The stylesheet may
be empty, or it may not be a well-formed XML document

anyone know how to fix this?

DFN-CIS NetNews Service

I use

,----- [ ]
| <!DOCTYPE stylesheet [<!ENTITY nbsp "&amp;nbsp;">]>
`-----

and that works OK.

C. M. Sperberg-McQueen

If I insert

<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [<!ENTITY nbsp " ">]>

in my XSLT file I get an error message:

msxml3.dll (0x80004005)
The stylesheet does not contain a document element. The stylesheet may
be empty, or it may not be a well-formed XML document

anyone know how to fix this?

Can you show us a little bit more of the stylesheet?
I doubt that the problem is actually located in the
line you show: in isolation, that line has no problems.

-C. M. Sperberg-McQueen