error when using update query

Jimmy Tran

Hello,
I am doing a bmw tracking project for school using asp and access2000.
on my search.asp page, I can search for a particular bmw and order it if
i want. It works fine when i do select query to get data. But when I try
to order a bmw(using update query), it gives me this message error:
Error Type:
Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005)
Operation must use an updateable query.
/bmw/search.asp, line 257

I have gone in to set IIS permission status to both read/write and
change everything that seemed obvious. but i still get this same error
message. Thank you in advance for anyone that can help me.

thank you,
JImm

Rob Meade

But when I try
to order a bmw(using update query), it gives me this message error:
Error Type:
Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005)
Operation must use an updateable query.
/bmw/search.asp, line 257

Hi Jim,

please post your SQL statement(s)..

Regards

Rob

Ray at

Give read/write NTFS permissions to IUSR on the directory with the .mdb
file.

Ray at work

Andrew Durstewitz

You need to have write permissions on the folder you Access database is
in. It has nothing to do with your SQL query.

Andrew

DEVBuilder.org, http://www.DEVBuilder.org
ASP,ASP.NET,VB.NET,PHP,Java,and SQL Support, all in one place.

Jimmy Tran

here's part of the code, thx

Case "editsave"
' Part 2 of 2: Here's where we save the values that the
' user entered back to the DB. Again... no error
' handling or input checking so ' characters and invalid
' values will throw error messages.
iRecordId = Request.Form("id")
iRecordId = Replace(iRecordId, "'", "''")

' Date delimiter on this should be changed to # for Access
strSQL2 = "UPDATE car SET stat= 'O' WHERE (id = " & iRecordId & ")"
'strSQL2 ="select * from car where id = "& iRecordID &""

response.write strSQL2
Set rstSearch = cnnSearch.Execute(strSQL2)
cnnDBEdit.Close