Error while establishing a connection to the server

Tor Inge Rislaa

Just for testing deployment of an asp.net application to the remote server I
have crated an application based on the StarterKit application in Visual
Studio 2005.

When trying to run the application from my browser I get the error message
below.

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When
connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that
under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.
(provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating
Server/Instance Specified)

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred
while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL
Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default
settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL
Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

Any Ideas of how to solve this problem?

The application works fine when I run it locally on my computer.

TIRislaa