error while hosting asp.net in managed c++ dll.

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by EP, Dec 14, 2004.

  1. EP

    EP Guest

    I have a pluggable asp.net hosting provider which uses a cassini-based http
    listener if the platform is win2k or xp (non sp2), and uses a HTTPAPI
    (http.sys) based listener in a managed c++ dll if the platform in win2k3 or
    XPsp2.

    The solution works perfectly when the HttpWorkerRequest is implemented in a
    c# dll. When it is implemented in the managed c++ dll, I always get the
    following error:

    The application's configuration files must contain 'trust' section.

    Stepping through the code, I can see that asp.net receives my
    HttpWorkerRequest and properly maps the directory to where I have my
    web.config. Adding a trust section doesn't help for any values in it. It's
    not a permissions problem because I've not only given the file full control
    for Everyone, but when debugging I can see that the process is in fact
    running as an administrator.

    Could anyone help?

    -EP

    EP, Dec 14, 2004

  2. There was no way for you to know it, but this is a classic asp
    newsgroup.(dotnet groups removed from this post)

    HTH,
    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET