Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. The project is not c

Claude seraphin

I'am having this message while trying to rune my asp.net app on win3k
server. I have set debug="true" in <compilation section
in my web.config .
Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance

Hermit Dave

have you set Build >> Configuration Manager active settings to Debug
also have you enabled debugging for asp.net under Project >> "Proejct Name
Properties >> Configuaration >> Debuging

if yes.. have you check to see whether you are under Administrators and
Debuggers group on the server ?

Claude seraphin

Hermit Dave said:
have you set Build >> Configuration Manager active settings to Debug
also have you enabled debugging for asp.net under Project >> "Proejct Name
Properties >> Configuaration >> Debuging

if yes.. have you check to see whether you are under Administrators and
Debuggers group on the server ?

Well , now i'am getting :error while trying to run project: Unable to start
debugging

Asp debugging is disabled because asp process is running as a user that does
not have debugging permissons.

I admit it is an improvement compare to my first message and i got here
thanks to your guidance by enabling debugging in
Project >> "Proejct Name
Properties >> Configuaration >> Debuging

I'm logged on as administrator and this account belongs to the debuggers
group. i have just checked this.

Hermit Dave

thats about all you need to do.
but just do a rebuild project (Build >> Rebuild Project_Name) first and then
try Start >> Debug (also you should have a page set up as a start page ..
solution explorer >> page >> right click >> set as start up page or
something

Claude seraphin

I did rebuild as you suggested but still the last error. Should i reboot my
system?

Hermit Dave

aaaah i know why.
think its trying to lauch the debugging as aspnet user (not sure if thats
the case).
no you dont need to reboot unless you changed or added user to to groups.
(even then log off is good enough)
just check to see if aspnet user belong to the groups.. lemme just check
msdn

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...bconintroductiontowebapplicationdebugging.asp

if i find any more info will message you in just about a moment
think under debuggers you will have another user ie IWAM_MachineName

Claude seraphin

Again thanks , i went through the readings but i still seem to be missing
something.
Not so much progress.

Hermit Dave

is there
<identity impersonate="true|false"
userName="domain\username"
password="password"/>in your web.config file ?
give me a min.. i am looking into it... hopefully i will find something this
time around

Joined
Feb 15, 2014
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
There could be multiple cause for "Error while trying to run project: Unable to start

I'am having this message while trying to rune my asp.net app on win3k
server. I have set debug="true" in <compilation section
in my web.config .
Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance

There could be many possible solution for this based on your situation you have. I think you can try this post. Having solution for all possible cause for this. blogershub.com/Archive/2014/2/Unable-to-start-debugging-on-the-web-server-The-project-is-not-configured-to-be-debugged