"Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server."

When executing the ASP.NET app, I get:

"Error while trying to run a project: Unable to start debugging on the web
server. A debugger is already attached. Would you like to disable future
attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for this projecty? Yes or No"

There are no compile errors. If I answer "Yes", it turns off the debug
option in one of my projects (data layer). If I answer "No", it returns to
the IDE.

What do you think Micrsoft is really trying to say here if they wanted to be
helpful?

Thanks,
Andy

Do Quyet Tien

I see this error sometimes too, maybe IIS's configuration problem, not
VS.NET

Tiendq,
(e-mail address removed)

Marshal Antony

Andy,
If a VS.NET project is already running on your computer,when you try
to run another project you will get
an error something like this.Make sure you are running only one instance
of the project or one project at the same time.

Regards,
Marshal Antony
http://dotnetmarshal.com

GOT IT!

I ran "aspnet_regiis -i" from DOS, and it cleared up the problem. (Pretty
cryptic error message!)

Thanks for your suggestions.

Andy

Joined
May 28, 2008
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
a debugger is already atteched

as i found the solution of this problem is that close the project and open it again.

reason of this problem is that when some error occured during debugging the application. programme asked us to stop debugging and we stop debugging by clicking on stop debugging button.this only stops debugging but debugger is still atteched with application.

swati