error with "import md5"

John Pye

Hi all,

I'm doing some convoluted stuff with running a python script from
inside a shared library that's running inside a Tcl/Tk interpreter.

It's all been going surprisingly well, up until the point where my
Python script attempts to import matplotlib, which includes a reference
to import md5:

I get this error bubbling through:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/john/ascend/models/johnpye/extpy/extpytest.py", line 5,
in ?
import matplotlib;
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/matplotlib/__init__.py", line
150, in ?
import md5, os, re, shutil, sys, warnings
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.4/lib-dynload/md5.so: undefined symbol:
_Py_NoneStruct

Is it possible that this could be a bug in the md5 library (Python
2.4.4c1), or does it look like a problem perhaps with RTDL_NOW |
RTDL_LAZY stuff?

Cheers
JP