Errors 302 and 304

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Gloops, Jul 17, 2013.

  1. Gloops

    Gloops Guest

    Hello everybody,

    I have an ASP.Net server that works properly for a few years, but
    tonight I have added a folder with a page that presents a shopping cart
    component, that can be fed from the page where it appears.

    This page runs jolly good in Visual Studio on the development machine.
    Now that I have deployed that folder, not only it is not recognized, but
    other ASP.Net pages cannot appear, and redirect the visitor to the error
    page. Html redirection pages appear properly, and then when they try to
    redirect to the ASP.Net page of the folder, that is not what the user sees.

    In the log, I see 302 and 304 errors.

    Well, that probably will stay like that until the support opens, unless
    anybody gives a good explanation on a very reactive way ?

    After all, this has happened on a less critical question :)

    Oh, and after the return code (200, 302, 304), I see four other numbers
    separated by spaces. I saw the signification of the return codes in
    wikipedia, but not the four numbers that come after on the log line.

    Gloops, Jul 17, 2013

  2. Gloops

    JJ Guest

    On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 01:35:50 +0200, Gloops wrote:

    > Hello everybody,
    >
    > I have an ASP.Net server that works properly for a few years, but
    > tonight I have added a folder with a page that presents a shopping cart
    > component, that can be fed from the page where it appears.
    >
    > This page runs jolly good in Visual Studio on the development machine.
    > Now that I have deployed that folder, not only it is not recognized, but
    > other ASP.Net pages cannot appear, and redirect the visitor to the error
    > page. Html redirection pages appear properly, and then when they try to
    > redirect to the ASP.Net page of the folder, that is not what the user sees.
    >
    > In the log, I see 302 and 304 errors.
    >
    > Well, that probably will stay like that until the support opens, unless
    > anybody gives a good explanation on a very reactive way ?

    This is a HTTP server issue, not a HTML issue.

    And HTTP code 3nn are Redirection codes, not error codes.
    1nn = Informational
    2nn = Success
    3nn = Redirection
    4nn = Client Error
    5nn = Server Error

    > After all, this has happened on a less critical question :)
    >
    > Oh, and after the return code (200, 302, 304), I see four other numbers
    > separated by spaces. I saw the signification of the return codes in
    > wikipedia, but not the four numbers that come after on the log line.

    Don't know what you mean. Probably just your imagination.

    JJ, Jul 17, 2013

  3. Gloops

    Gloops Guest

    Gloops wrote, on 17th July 2013 01:35 UTC + 2 :
    > Hello everybody,
    >
    > I have an ASP.Net server that works properly for a few years, but
    > tonight I have added a folder with a page that presents a shopping cart
    > component, that can be fed from the page where it appears.
    >
    > This page runs jolly good in Visual Studio on the development machine.
    > Now that I have deployed that folder, not only it is not recognized, but
    > other ASP.Net pages cannot appear, and redirect the visitor to the error
    > page. Html redirection pages appear properly, and then when they try to
    > redirect to the ASP.Net page of the folder, that is not what the user sees.
    >
    > In the log, I see 302 and 304 errors.
    >
    > Well, that probably will stay like that until the support opens, unless
    > anybody gives a good explanation on a very reactive way ?
    >
    > After all, this has happened on a less critical question :)
    >
    > Oh, and after the return code (200, 302, 304), I see four other numbers
    > separated by spaces. I saw the signification of the return codes in
    > wikipedia, but not the four numbers that come after on the log line.

    The last news is that the procedure to add a reference to a library was
    not respected, so the new pages included a reference to an unknown
    library. On an ASP.Net site, if you have a compilation error somewhere
    on the site, this prevents any ASPX page to be displayed, even those
    that do not contain that error.

    So, it was a bad idea to deploy those pages during the night, it would
    have been better to wait for the support to be present.

    Restoring the old web.config did not solve the problem, dropping the new
    pages would probably have.

    The support is presently reading the documentation to add the reference
    on the site.

    Gloops, Jul 17, 2013
  4. Gloops

    Gloops Guest

    JJ wrote, on 17th July 2013 04:45 UTC + 2 :
    > On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 01:35:50 +0200, Gloops wrote:
    >
    >> Hello everybody,
    >>
    >> I have an ASP.Net server that works properly for a few years, but
    >> tonight I have added a folder with a page that presents a shopping cart
    >> component, that can be fed from the page where it appears.
    >>
    >> This page runs jolly good in Visual Studio on the development machine.
    >> Now that I have deployed that folder, not only it is not recognized, but
    >> other ASP.Net pages cannot appear, and redirect the visitor to the error
    >> page. Html redirection pages appear properly, and then when they try to
    >> redirect to the ASP.Net page of the folder, that is not what the user sees.
    >>
    >> In the log, I see 302 and 304 errors.
    >>
    >> Well, that probably will stay like that until the support opens, unless
    >> anybody gives a good explanation on a very reactive way ?

    > This is a HTTP server issue, not a HTML issue.

    Right.

    > And HTTP code 3nn are Redirection codes, not error codes.
    > 1nn = Informational
    > 2nn = Success
    > 3nn = Redirection
    > 4nn = Client Error
    > 5nn = Server Error

    I found that here, but it is in French :
    http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_des_codes_HTTP

    >> After all, this has happened on a less critical question :)
    >>
    >> Oh, and after the return code (200, 302, 304), I see four other numbers
    >> separated by spaces. I saw the signification of the return codes in
    >> wikipedia, but not the four numbers that come after on the log line.

    > Don't know what you mean. Probably just your imagination.

    May be :)

    Gloops, Jul 17, 2013