Errors in Javascript?

PJ Rose

I keep getting errors on pages in you tube that result in a black
video screen. It can only be watched in pop-up, and when you try to
reply or comment, you only get the message; "Undefined".

I've gotten this with I.E. 7, Opera, Google Chrome and firefox.

The error is as follows when I look at the details;

Error on page: (click and pulls up message as follows)

1-
Line: 40
Character: 4
Error: Unterminated string content
Code: 0
(url line)

2-
Line:82
Character:1331
Error:"null" is null or not an object
(url line)
The numbers in the "line" and "character" vary and whether I get one
or both errors varies as well.

Invariably, when the items for the page load, the last item seems to
hang (1 item remaining) Waiting for (url)...

This is coming up all the time. I've tried un/reinstalling
javascript, adobe flash player ten... I'm at a loss of what to do.

This problem seemed to come up with the flash ten upgrade and the new
you tube beta.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

PJ said:
I keep getting errors on pages in you tube that result in a black
video screen. It can only be watched in pop-up, and when you try to
reply or comment, you only get the message; "Undefined".

I've gotten this with I.E. 7, Opera, Google Chrome and firefox.

The error is as follows when I look at the details;

Error on page: (click and pulls up message as follows)
[...]
The numbers in the "line" and "character" vary and whether I get one
or both errors varies as well.

Invariably, when the items for the page load, the last item seems to
hang (1 item remaining) Waiting for (url)...

This is coming up all the time. I've tried un/reinstalling
javascript,

JFTR:

You cannot uninstall or reinstall "javascript". You can uninstall or
reinstall Java (more precisely, probably Sun Java2 Runtime Environment),
which has nothing to do with the former or YouTube (AFAIK YouTube does not
use Java).
adobe flash player ten... I'm at a loss of what to do.

So are we. The relevant source code URL is missing, and the error messages
you posted are anything but self-descriptive.
This problem seemed to come up with the flash ten upgrade and the new
you tube beta.

So probably YouTube (aka Google) f*cked up their client-side code again.
There is nothing we can reasonably do about it. Ask YouTube/Google to fix
their mess.

This is a discussion group for people who want to learn about
J(ava)Script/ECMAScript programming, not a support forum for borken
third-party code, and certainly not the Google/YouTube support.

<http://jibbering.com/faq/#posting>

PointedEars