Errors rendering an html page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Manuel, Sep 3, 2009.

  1. Manuel

    Manuel Guest

    Hi,

    When I load an html page (greek language) inside a span id="DivHtml" my
    website stops working correctly or the inner html page is rendered using
    invalid chars. When I load other html pages (english or italian) it works.
    The "greek" html page is rendered correctly if opened outside the application

    Thank you very much
    Manuel

    Code Example:

    DivHtml.InnerHtml = s.ToString();
    (s is a stringbuilder containing the html)

    <asp:panel runat="server" ID="PanelHtml" BorderStyle="Groove"
    ScrollBars="Vertical" Width="100%" >
    </asp:panel>

    Manuel, Sep 3, 2009

  2. just a guess

    try

    s = HttpUtility.HtmlEncode( s.ToString())

    ThatsIT.net.au, Sep 3, 2009

  3. Hi,

    From your description, I understand that when you request your website you
    get the invalid characters on page, but the character shows correctly when
    you request another website on internet. If I have misunderstood you,
    please feel free to let me know.

    Did you specify the character set or the encoding for your website? If not,
    please set Unicode encoding in your ASP.NET website. You can try to use
    UTF-8 encoding, which allows you to create multilingual Web content without
    having to change the encoding based on the target language.

    For ASP.NET website, we can specify it in your web.config:
    ===========================
    <globalization requestEncoding=" UTF-8 " responseEncoding=" UTF-8 " />
    ===========================

    For more information about globalization Element, please see#
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hy4kkhe0.aspx

    I look forward to receiving your test results.

    --
    Best Regards,
    Thomas Sun

    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    ications.

    With newsgroups, MSDN subscribers enjoy unlimited, free support as opposed
    to the limited number of phone-based technical support incidents. Complex
    issues or server-down situations are not recommended for the newsgroups.
    Issues of this nature are best handled working with a Microsoft Support
    Engineer using one of your phone-based incidents.

    --------------------

    Thomas Sun [MSFT], Sep 3, 2009
  4. Manuel

    Manuel Guest

    Hi,

    I've tried to add the globalization requestEncoding in the web.config but
    the behaviour is the same.
    It happens only embedding a particular html page.
    Can I send it to you via email ?

    Thank you very much

    Manuel

    Manuel, Sep 3, 2009
  5. Hi Manuel,

    Thanks for your response.

    Since you are specifying the string in code behind class, you can use
    UTF8Encoding Class to convert the string. For more information, see #
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.text.utf8encoding.aspx

    Yes, you can send me a simplified package that can repro the error on your
    machine. My email is .

    I look forward to hearing from you.

    --
    Best Regards,
    Thomas Sun

    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    --------------------

    >Hi,
    >
    >I've tried to add the globalization requestEncoding in the web.config but
    >the behaviour is the same.
    >It happens only embedding a particular html page.
    >Can I send it to you via email ?
    >
    >Thank you very much
    >
    >Manuel
    >
    >"Thomas Sun [MSFT]" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> From your description, I understand that when you request your website

    you
    >> get the invalid characters on page, but the character shows correctly

    when
    >> you request another website on internet. If I have misunderstood you,
    >> please feel free to let me know.
    >>
    >> Did you specify the character set or the encoding for your website? If

    not,
    >> please set Unicode encoding in your ASP.NET website. You can try to use
    >> UTF-8 encoding, which allows you to create multilingual Web content

    without
    >> having to change the encoding based on the target language.
    >>
    >> For ASP.NET website, we can specify it in your web.config:
    >> ===========================
    >> <globalization requestEncoding=" UTF-8 " responseEncoding=" UTF-8 " />
    >> ===========================
    >>
    >> For more information about globalization Element, please see#
    >> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hy4kkhe0.aspx
    >>

    >> I look forward to receiving your test results.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Best Regards,
    >> Thomas Sun
    >>
    >> Microsoft Online Partner Support

    >> ications.
    >>
    >> With newsgroups, MSDN subscribers enjoy unlimited, free support as

    opposed
    >> to the limited number of phone-based technical support incidents.

    Complex
    >> issues or server-down situations are not recommended for the newsgroups.
    >> Issues of this nature are best handled working with a Microsoft Support
    >> Engineer using one of your phone-based incidents.

    rights.

    Thomas Sun [MSFT], Sep 4, 2009
  6. Manuel

    Manuel Guest

    Hi Thomas,

    looking at the HTML page that I need to embed I've found:
    <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-7">

    So if I write:
    StreamReader sr = new StreamReader(fileName,
    Encoding.GetEncoding("iso-8859-7"));
    string s = sr.ReadToEnd();
    sr.Close();

    DivHtml.InnerHtml = s;

    works correctly.

    Thank you very much for your help !
    Manuel

    Manuel, Sep 4, 2009
  7. Hi Manuel,

    Thanks for your response and I am glad that you resolved it.

    If you have any farther question, please feel free to post it here.

    --
    Best Regards,
    Thomas Sun

    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    --------------------

    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    >
    >Hi Thomas,
    >
    >looking at the HTML page that I need to embed I've found:
    ><META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-7">
    >
    >So if I write:
    > StreamReader sr = new StreamReader(fileName,
    >Encoding.GetEncoding("iso-8859-7"));
    > string s = sr.ReadToEnd();
    > sr.Close();
    >
    > DivHtml.InnerHtml = s;
    >
    >works correctly.
    >
    >Thank you very much for your help !
    >Manuel
    >
    >"Thomas Sun [MSFT]" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Manuel,
    >>
    >> Thanks for your response.
    >>
    >> Since you are specifying the string in code behind class, you can use
    >> UTF8Encoding Class to convert the string. For more information, see #
    >> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.text.utf8encoding.aspx
    >>
    >> Yes, you can send me a simplified package that can repro the error on

    your
    >> machine. My email is .
    >>
    >> I look forward to hearing from you.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Best Regards,
    >> Thomas Sun
    >>
    >> Microsoft Online Partner Support
    >>

    >> --------------------

    >> >Hi,
    >> >
    >> >I've tried to add the globalization requestEncoding in the web.config

    but
    >> >the behaviour is the same.
    >> >It happens only embedding a particular html page.
    >> >Can I send it to you via email ?
    >> >
    >> >Thank you very much
    >> >
    >> >Manuel

    website