Errors using TextWriterTraceListener

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Erik Cruz, Aug 11, 2007.

  1. Erik Cruz

    Erik Cruz Guest

    Hi.

    I am trying to execute the steps of the walkthrough "Integrating ASP.NET
    Tracing with System.Diagnostics Tracing". But when I change my Web.config to
    use the listeners, I receive errors for the element TextWriterTraceListener:

    <system.diagnostics>
    <trace autoflush="true">
    <listeners>
    <add name="WebPageTraceListener" type="System.Web.WebPageTraceListener,
    System.Web, Version=2.0.3600.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    <add name="TestTracer" type="System.Diagnostics.TextWriterTraceListener,
    System, Version=2.0.3600.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" initializeData="<app root
    directory>\Asptesttrace.log" />
    </listeners>
    </trace>
    </system.diagnostics>

    Several errors are listed, related to the initializeData. The errors say

    I am using VS 2005 SP1. What is going wrong here?

    Regards,
    Erik Cruz

    Erik Cruz, Aug 11, 2007