errors while compiling the java file for the example bank application in j2ee tutorial

Discussion in 'Java' started by Nachiketh, Feb 23, 2004.

  1. Nachiketh

    Nachiketh Guest

    hi,
    i downloaded the J2EE tutorial from java.sun.com and while trying to
    deploy the bank example, using ant build tool... the following 3
    errors, i encountered while compiling the java files in the example.

    [javac] D:\Tutorials\J2EE\j2eetutorial14\examples\bank\src\com\sun\ebank\web
    \template\DefinitionTag.java:59: inconvertible types
    [javac] found : javax.servlet.jsp.JspContext
    [javac] required: javax.servlet.jsp.PageContext
    [javac] PageContext context = (PageContext)getJspContext();
    [javac] ^
    [javac] D:\Tutorials\J2EE\j2eetutorial14\examples\bank\src\com\sun\ebank\web
    \template\InsertTag.java:54: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol : method getPageContext ()
    [javac] location: class com.sun.ebank.web.template.InsertTag
    [javac] PageContext context = (PageContext)getPageContext();
    [javac] ^
    [javac] D:\Tutorials\J2EE\j2eetutorial14\examples\bank\src\com\sun\ebank\web
    \template\InsertTag.java:79: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol : constructor JspTagException
    (java.lang.String,java.lang.Th
    rowable)
    [javac] location: class javax.servlet.jsp.JspTagException
    [javac] throw new
    JspTagException(ex.getMessage(
    ), rootCause);
    [javac] ^
    [javac] 3 errors

    i tried debugging the code but in vain.... if anyone can please help
    me with this... it will help me a lot. this is my first experience
    with J2EE so kindly help me,
    waiting for ur reply.. bye
    -nachiketh
    Nachiketh, Feb 23, 2004