    And before you mention mod_ruby, according to the modruby.net website
    there will never be a win32 version.

    Is support for eRuby this bad on the windows platform?

    Vince /., Oct 16, 2006

  2. Vince /.

    Jan Svitok Guest

    On 10/16/06, Vince /. <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've seen many web articles on how to use eRuby but i can't seem to find
    > eruby.exe as being part of the 1.8.x release. All I can see is a batch
    > file named erb.bat which works fine when working from the command line,
    > but there is nothing available for Apache.
    >
    > And before you mention mod_ruby, according to the modruby.net website
    > there will never be a win32 version.
    >
    > Is support for eRuby this bad on the windows platform?

    ERB is a pure-ruby replacement of eRuby, with a bit differrent usage.
    You can use it via CGI, Webrick or Mongrel. For more information,
    please search archives for eruby.

    Jan Svitok, Oct 16, 2006

  3. Vince /.

    Vince /. Guest

    Jan Svitok wrote:
    > On 10/16/06, Vince /. <> wrote:
    >> Is support for eRuby this bad on the windows platform?

    > ERB is a pure-ruby replacement of eRuby, with a bit differrent usage.
    > You can use it via CGI, Webrick or Mongrel. For more information,
    > please search archives for eruby.

    I have searched the forums for eruby but I havent had much luck. It
    seems that Apache + Windows isn't the right combination for ruby web
    scripting at this time.

    Vince /., Oct 16, 2006
  4. Vince /.

    Jan Svitok Guest

    On 10/16/06, Vince /. <> wrote:
    > Jan Svitok wrote:
    > > On 10/16/06, Vince /. <> wrote:
    > >> Is support for eRuby this bad on the windows platform?

    > > ERB is a pure-ruby replacement of eRuby, with a bit differrent usage.
    > > You can use it via CGI, Webrick or Mongrel. For more information,
    > > please search archives for eruby.

    > I have searched the forums for eruby but I havent had much luck. It
    > seems that Apache + Windows isn't the right combination for ruby web
    > scripting at this time.

    Ok then.

    http://www.hiveminds.co.uk/node/3094 show how to setup eruby + apache.

    Even easier is Webrick's ERBHandler. Just start Webrick, and it will
    feed .rhtml files into ERB. See http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/82003

    Jan Svitok, Oct 16, 2006