eruby / mod_ruby os x 10.2 - _ap_null_cleanup error

paul vudmaska

Anyone have any success installing eruby/mod_ruby in os x 10.2? I've
downloaded the latest from modruby.net, ran the config,make,make
install and added the modules, and mime types in httpd.conf...

When i do, the .conf file gets an error trying to load the
module...it contains the error.... _ap_null_cleanup

The directions from the site point to a different place(the stuff is
kind of dated - maybe there is a more current version somewhere else?)
for the mod_ruby.so(before that i got a load image errir) but i did
change it to the proper place and now it seems to error while trying
to get into apache.

Thanks for any help.

Paul

Scott Thompson

Anyone have any success installing eruby/mod_ruby in os x 10.2? I've
downloaded the latest from modruby.net, ran the config,make,make
install and added the modules, and mime types in httpd.conf...

When i do, the .conf file gets an error trying to load the
module...it contains the error.... _ap_null_cleanup

The directions from the site point to a different place(the stuff is
kind of dated - maybe there is a more current version somewhere else?)
for the mod_ruby.so(before that i got a load image errir) but i did
change it to the proper place and now it seems to error while trying
to get into apache.

It just struck me.

As I recall, Apache on Mac OS X doesn't store modules in the same place
as other Apache installs. Are you sure that "make install" put the
modules in the "right" place?

Scott

paul vudmaska

It put them in a place that was different...than the docs i found for
config'ing httpd. But i pointed to the place where the mod_ruby.so was
installed (it was the only file of that name on my hd). I did not
think to change the make install params to put it where, perhaps, the
system thot it should be. Worth a try,

Thanks Scott!

:p

paul vudmaska

I'm way over my head here :)

I just started looking for mod_ruby.so - i could have sworn that it
was in some other place than the modules dir as per the following
error message i get when debugging my httpd.conf

Syntax error on line 1091 of /Library/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /Library/Apache2/modules/mod_ruby.so into server: dyld:
/Library/Apache2/bin/httpd Undefined symbols:
_ap_null_cleanup

Dang!

Any help appreciated.

:p

paul vudmaska

When i did a search only one showed up but there are at least 2. I did
the search with Finder. For some reason it did not find the second.
I've tried pointing to each of them. Same result. I'm not giving up!
I think :)