escape in ASP

JigMan

When chucking data in a cookie you cannot use certain characters (in
this example ‘ : ‘ ).

To get around this you use escape and unescape. Trying to use the
escape as such:

Response.Cookies("Lines")("URL4") = escape("http://www.ASP101.com")

Gives the following result:

URL4=http%3A//www.ASP101.com

Which I don't think does anything to help. So using it like this:

Response.Cookies("Lines")("URL4") = "escape(http://www.ASP101.com)"

Gives the following result:

URL4=escape(http://www.ASP101.com)

Which is the correct result apart from the ‘escape' actually
appearing. Any ideas how to get around this?