Establish connection between two users

Varangian

Hi there experts :)

Say a game of chess between two users. What options are there to make
two users play a game between each other using ASP.NET.

An option would be accessing a database each time to send the position
of peaces and each time the other user accesses from the database again
to retrieve the positioning, is this a good option?

Are there other options avialable maybe more efficient than that whole
of database access. don't know maybe using the two IP addresses or
something?

Thank you :) any help appreciated

Sosh

If you are asp.net on its own, then its all happening on the server, so
forget any ideas of a peer-to-peer setup. If you want that then you will
have to create a client app as a Java applet, Flash movie or the like.

I think your database idea is sound. Whatever you choose to store the state
of the game, it will have to be accessible from two separate sessions, so
the session scope will probably be no good.

Varangian

I think its the only method then. How about keeping a text file for
each game started by those two users?