Established connection aborted and underlying connection closed

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, Nov 6, 2006.

  1. Why do I get the following two error messages, intermittently, when I issue a
    "SendRequestResponse(methodName, requestEnvelope);" command on a class
    derived from Microsoft.Web.Services2.Messaging.SoapClient.

    Intermittent Error Messages:
    1) An established connection was aborted by the software in your host
    machine.
    2) The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to
    be kept alive was closed by the server.

    Currently, I'm handling these errors by trapping them in a catch block and
    attempting the SendRequestResponse command again. The SendRequestResponse
    never fails on the second attempt, if it fails, it fails on the first
    attempt.

    Also, I've got similar unmanaged code implemented in C++ using the Soap
    ToolKit (v2sp2) that calls the same web methods on the web server and the
    unmanaged code never gets either of the above errors.

    The server side code is Java based using Apache SOAP v2.3.1 running on a
    "Resin" web server.

    Thank you
    Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, Nov 6, 2006