    Does anyone have any idea what I need to do to get this to work?

    Thanks
    Jeff

    Jeff User, Nov 12, 2005

  2. Jeff User schrieb:

    > When calling the service over the internet, I choose my network card
    > connection to the internet in Ethereal and it captures all the traffic
    > back and forth.
    > Problem is that when I call a web service on my local machine, same
    > machine as the client, no packets are being seen or captured.
    > Does anyone have any idea what I need to do to get this to work?

    Sorry, there is no chance to make this work. Ethereal/WinPCAP can not
    monitor localhost packets. That is a Windows-limitation. See FAQ question
    13:

    http://www.winpcap.org/misc/faq.htm#Q-13

    Jan

    Jan Peter Stotz, Nov 12, 2005

  3. Jeff User

    Jeff User Guest

    Alrighty then
    So now I am back to my original question from 2 months ago:
    How can I catch and view the XML being sent between my web service and
    my web client of they are both running on the same machine?
    Is there anyway to intercept this in VS?

    Thanks for the link
    Jeff

    Jeff User, Nov 13, 2005