Euro sign in .Net

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by rphil, Apr 26, 2005.

  1. rphil

    rphil Guest

    I have a problem, I want to enter euro sign (€) into a textbox.. but
    after the postback, it is displayed as '?' .Can anybody help me with
    this issue.

    Thx
     
    rphil, Apr 26, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. the euro sign is a unicode symbol. hence in the aspx page it should be
    <meta content="Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 7.1" name="GENERATOR"
    charset="UTF-8">
    the charset should be given and mentioned as UTF-8

    "rphil" wrote:

    > I have a problem, I want to enter euro sign (€) into a textbox.. but
    > after the postback, it is displayed as '?' .Can anybody help me with
    > this issue.
    >
    > Thx
    >
    >
     
    =?Utf-8?B?bGF0aGEgdmFsbGluYXlhZ2Ft?=, Apr 26, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. rphil

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    latha vallinayagam wrote:

    > the euro sign is a unicode symbol. hence in the aspx page it should
    > be <meta content="Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 7.1" name="GENERATOR"
    > charset="UTF-8">
    > the charset should be given and mentioned as UTF-8


    What's more useful is to set the encoding in the HTTP header. That can
    be done using the <globalization/> element's responseEncoding attribute
    in web.config (which is UTF-8 by default).

    One can also use certain 8 bit character sets to display the Euro
    symbol (e.g. Windows-1252 or ISO-8859-15), but UTF-8 is usually the
    better choice.

    Cheers,
    --
    http://www.joergjooss.de
    mailto:
     
    Joerg Jooss, Apr 27, 2005
    #3
  4. rphil

    royce philip Guest

    I have the UTF-8 already set , on my web.config.. along with the meta
    tag.. but it still does not display correctly.

    *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
     
    royce philip, Apr 28, 2005
    #4
  5. rphil

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    royce philip wrote:

    > I have the UTF-8 already set , on my web.config.. along with the meta
    > tag.. but it still does not display correctly.


    Did you make sure to allow your browser to automatically detect the
    encoding? If it's set to a fixed encoding, it will always try to apply
    exactly that encoding, regardless what the page actually uses.

    Cheers,
    --
    http://www.joergjooss.de
    mailto:
     
    Joerg Jooss, Apr 28, 2005
    #5
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. kingski

    Problem: Euro sign in sending email !

    kingski, Mar 3, 2006, in forum: ASP .Net
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    731
    Juan T. Llibre
    Mar 4, 2006
  2. kingski

    Problem: Euro sign in send mail.

    kingski, Mar 3, 2006, in forum: ASP .Net
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    444
    kingski
    Mar 3, 2006
  3. Marco W
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    628
    David Carlisle
    Jun 8, 2005
  4. Yohan N. Leder
    Replies:
    11
    Views:
    1,035
    Jukka K. Korpela
    May 20, 2006
  5. Raga
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    902
    Simon Brooke
    Oct 6, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page