Euro sign in .Net

rphil

I have a problem, I want to enter euro sign (€) into a textbox.. but
after the postback, it is displayed as '?' .Can anybody help me with
this issue.

Thx

Guest

the euro sign is a unicode symbol. hence in the aspx page it should be
charset="UTF-8">
the charset should be given and mentioned as UTF-8

Joerg Jooss

latha said:
the euro sign is a unicode symbol. hence in the aspx page it should
be <meta content="Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 7.1" name="GENERATOR"
charset="UTF-8">
the charset should be given and mentioned as UTF-8

What's more useful is to set the encoding in the HTTP header. That can
be done using the <globalization/> element's responseEncoding attribute
in web.config (which is UTF-8 by default).

One can also use certain 8 bit character sets to display the Euro
symbol (e.g. Windows-1252 or ISO-8859-15), but UTF-8 is usually the
better choice.

Cheers,

royce philip

I have the UTF-8 already set , on my web.config.. along with the meta
tag.. but it still does not display correctly.

Joerg Jooss

royce said:
I have the UTF-8 already set , on my web.config.. along with the meta
tag.. but it still does not display correctly.

Did you make sure to allow your browser to automatically detect the
encoding? If it's set to a fixed encoding, it will always try to apply
exactly that encoding, regardless what the page actually uses.

Cheers,