EuroPython 2007: Call for Proposals

Discussion in 'Python' started by Michael Hudson, Mar 25, 2007.

  1. Book Monday 9th July to Wednesday 11th July 2007 in your calendar!
    EuroPython 2007, the European Python and Zope Conference, will be held in
    Vilnius, Lithuania. Last year's conference was a great success, featuring
    a variety of tracks, amazing lightning talks and inspiring keynotes. With
    your participation, we want to make EuroPython 2007, the sixth EuroPython,
    even more successful than the previous five.

    Talks, Papers and Themes
    ------------------------

    This year we have decided to borrow a few good ideas from PyCon, one of
    which is to move away from the 'track' structure. Instead, speakers are
    invited to submit presentations about anything they have done that they
    think would be of interest to the Python community. We will then arrange
    them into related groups and schedule them in the space available. In the
    past, EuroPython participants have found the following themes to be of
    interest:

    * Science
    * Python Language and Libraries
    * Web Related Technologies
    * Education
    * Games
    * Agile Methodologies and Testing
    * Social Skills

    In addition to talks, we will also accept full paper submissions about any
    of the above themes. The Call for Refereed Papers will be posted shortly.

    The deadline for talk proposals is Friday 18th May at midnight (24:00
    CEST, Central European Summer Time, UTC+2).

    Other ways to participate
    -------------------------

    Apart from giving talks, there are plenty of other ways to participate in
    the conference. Just attending and talking to people you find here can be
    satisfying enough, but there are three other kinds of activity you may wish
    to plan for: Lightning Talks, Open Space and Sprints. Lightning Talks are
    very short talks that give you just enough time to introduce a topic or
    project, Open Space is an area reserved for informal discussions, and
    Sprints are focused gatherings for developers interested in particular
    projects. For more information please see the following pages:

    * Lightning Talks: http://www.europython.org/sections/events/lightning_talks
    * Open Space: http://www.europython.org/sections/events/open_space
    * Sprints: http://www.europython.org/sections/sprints_and_wiki

    Your Contribution

    To propose a talk or a paper, go to...

    * http://www.europython.org/submit

    For more general information on the conference, please visit...

    * http://www.europython.org/

    Looking forward to seeing what you fine folk have been up to,

    The EuroPython Team

    Michael Hudson, Mar 25, 2007