Europython 2011 - Call for Papers

Discussion in 'Python' started by Fabio Pliger, Feb 21, 2011.

  1. Fabio Pliger

    Fabio Pliger Guest

    Europython is coming back around! Europython will be held in Florence,
    Italy from the 20th to the 25th of june.

    EuroPython is a conference for the Python programming language
    community. It is aimed at everyone in the Python community, of all
    skill levels, both users and programmers. It's one of the largest open
    source conferences in Europe and last year it include over 100 talks,
    tutorials, sprints and social events.

    The Call For Paper is the moment when Europython organizers ask the
    European community to submit their proposals of the talks that will be
    given at the conference. If you think you have got an interesting
    topic to talk about, don't hesitate and send us an abstract following
    the Call for Paper guidelines suggested on this website.

    This year, we are introducing 4-hours hands-on trainings during the
    conference, in addition to the regular tracks. During the submission,
    make sure to specify whether you are willing to change the talk into a
    4-hour training. To compensate for the longer preparation required,
    speakers that will give a training will be rewarded with a free ticket
    and possibly also a small fee (crossing our fingers that the budget
    will allow this). Speakers of regular talks will instead benefit from
    a reduced conference fee.

    Europython has been proving year after year to be a conference made by
    the community and for the community, and that's why this year we are
    happy to introduce the community-based talk voting. We will elaborate
    on this later on, so stay tuned!

    We remind everybody that you can follow the updates on the conference,
    in addition to this blog, both on the official Facebook page and on
    the Twitter profile @Europython.

    Many more info can be found at the conference website: www.europython.eu
    or at the call for papers page: www.europython.eu/call-for-paper

    See you soon and...we're waiting for your abstracts!

    The Europython Team

    Fabio Pliger, Feb 21, 2011