EuroPython early bird deadline very soon!

Discussion in 'Python' started by Martijn Faassen, Apr 29, 2004.

  1. EuroPython news update april 30
    ===============================

    EuroPython early bird registration deadline is may 1, next saturday!
    After that you pay 60 euros more. Some cheap accomodation also still
    available, so if you want to attend, hurry and register now!

    EuroPython is the European Python and Zope Conference. This year in
    its third edition, we are holding the conference in the beautiful
    locale of Göteborg, Sweden. Hundreds of Python users and Zope users
    are expected. The conference is from june 7 to june 9.

    - The talk submission deadline has now passed. We now have an enormous
    selection of talks and are struggling to fit them all in the
    program. For the list of talks that have already been accepted
    (definitely not yet complete), see here:

    http://www.europython.org/conferences/epc2004/info/talks/acceptedTalksOverview

    Many well known names in the Python community will be presenting,
    including keynote speaker Guido van Rossum.

    For those interested in Zope, look at the lineup of well-known
    people in the Zope community that are giving talks. It's a "can't
    miss" event in the Zope community!

    - Our keynote speakers will be Mark Shuttleworth and Guido van
    Rossum.

    Mark Shuttleworth is many things, not least what we think was the
    first Python programmer in space. He is also is the sponsor of the
    schooltool project to develop an open source school administration
    system in Python. More about about him can be found at
    http://www.markshuttleworth.com/

    If you don't know who Guido van Rossum is, you really need to come
    to EuroPython to find out and meet him.

    More information can be found at http://www.europython.org. Hope to
    see you at EuroPython 2004!

    Martijn Faassen, Apr 29, 2004