EuroPython update april 23

Discussion in 'Python' started by Martijn Faassen, Apr 23, 2004.

  1. EuroPython news update
    ======================

    EuroPython is the European Python and Zope Conference. This year in
    its third edition, we are holding the conference in the beautiful
    locale of Göteborg, Sweden. Hundreds of Python users and Zope users
    are expected.

    - If you still want to submit a talk, note that the talk submission
    deadline is approaching very rapidly. You have until monday the 26th
    of april to submit your talk proposal. As an extra incentive, note
    that speakers participate at a reduced fee.

    - The early bird registration deadline is also very near now; after
    may 1st the rate will go up by 60 euros from 160 to 220. We also
    still have (very) cheap accomodation available, but this is running
    out quickly. So please register now!

    - The conference program is really shaping up nicely! We'll have
    tracks on topics ranging from core python hacking to social skills,
    and of course Zope. There will be tutorials, BoFs, lightning talks
    and panel discussions. Many of us are arriving early and/or staying
    on after the conference for a couple of days for sprints or other
    activities.

    - Our keynote speakers will be Mark Shuttleworth and Guido van
    Rossum.

    Mark Shuttleworth was among other things what we think is the first
    Python programmer in space. He is also is the sponsor of
    the schooltool project to develop an open source school
    administration system in Python. More about about him can be found at
    http://www.markshuttleworth.com/

    If you don't know who Guido van Rossum is, you really need to come
    to EuroPython to find out and meet him.

    More information can be found at http://www.europython.org. See you at
    EuroPython 2004!
    Martijn Faassen, Apr 23, 2004