Europython update: Registration open

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jacob Hallen, Apr 10, 2004.

  1. Jacob Hallen

    Jacob Hallen Guest

    Europython Update
    =================

    - Registration is now open. We apologise for the delay, but we have
    had some technical problems.

    - Due to this, we have decided to keep the submission of abstracts
    for the refereed track open for one more day. Last submission time is
    now on Sunday 11 April at 23.59 CET.

    - We have a limited number of beds available in very affordable
    accomodation near the conference venue. Book early before it runs out.

    - We are still receiving submissions for regular talks and tutorials.
    Closing date is 15 April.

    - There is now a wiki at the Europython website for sprint organising.
    Start planning!

    About the conference
    ====================

    EuroPython 2004 will be held 7-9 June in Göteborg, Sweden.

    The EuroPython conference will have tracks for Science, Business,
    Education, Applications, Frameworks, Zope and the Python language
    itself. Lightning talks, Open Space and BOF sessions are also planned.
    There will be tutorials as well, both for newcomers to Python and
    Python users interested in special subjects. In the days before and
    after the conference, programming sprints will be arranged.

    Important dates

    Refereed paper proposals: until 11 April.
    Submission of talks: 1 March - 15 April.
    Early Bird registration: 9 April - 1 May.
    Accomodation booking: 9 April - 1 May (or until space runs out)

    More information at http://www.europython.org.

    Jacob Hallen, Apr 10, 2004